The Basic Search screen is the default search screen in Read It! and offers keyword searching, the ability to browse categories, and access to Research Guides.
To create a Basic Search:
From the Basic Search Screen, enter your search terms in the Find field and click Search.
A Result List of articles that match your search is displayed.
- Click on the title to view the article details screen, or click the full-text link to view the complete article. Hover your cursor over the preview icon to view article details, or click the folder icon to save the article to your personal folder.
- Search fields display above the Result List. Your search terms, limiters, and expanders are retained unless you click New Search or the product logo.
- To revise your search, you can apply the limiters under Refine Results. Click the Show More link to view all available limiters and expanders.
- If you click the Read It! logo, you are returned to the Home Page with your search terms cleared and search parameters reset.
- If you click the Advanced Search link, you are taken to the Advanced Search Screen with your search terms carried forward.