The Flipster app manages your magazines downloaded from the Flipster website for offline viewing on your Kindle Fire tablet.
Download and install the Flipster Kindle Fire app. (See installation instructions below.)
- Kindle Fire 3rd and 4th Generation Tablets
How to Download
To install the Flipster app on Kindle Fire:
From the home screen of your Kindle Fire, go to Settings.
Select Applications > Apps from Unknown Sources (allow installation of applications that are not from Appstore) and select ON.
From your device, download the APK (app installer) by tapping this link:
Once the download is complete, tap on the file and select Install.
- Download popular magazines and read offline
- Navigate magazines using digital table of contents
- Read articles in text view
- Track percentage of magazine read
- Magazines open where you last left off
- Configurable settings for downloads
How to Use
When you tap Open in App from the mobile viewer menu, the issue launches the Flipster app and downloads to your device.
- When a title is downloaded, it appears as NEW in your library.
- Once you've begun to read the magazine, the percent read of the issue appears in place of the NEW label.
- Tap the trash can icon to delete a magazine from the app.
- Tap the settings menu in the upper-right corner to adjust your download settings if your device has access to a mobile network. (i.e. set to download magazines over Wi-Fi only.)
Reading an Issue
- Swipe your finger left or right to flip through pages of the magazine.
- Tap the Table of Contents icon in the upper right corner, to view the table of contents. Close the table of contents by tapping the Menu icon again or swiping the table to the right.
- Tap the Flipster logo in the upper left corner to return to your library of magazines in the app.
- Tap Text View to read a text-only version of an article with images and ads removed.
- When multiple articles appear on a page, you can select the text-only version of a specific article from a drop-down menu.
- Use your device's back button to return to the page view of the magazine.
Q. How do I download a magazine to the Kindle Fire app?
A. You must be online to download magazines.
To download issues to the app:
Using your device’s browser, go to Flipster and tap on a magazine to read. The magazine opens in the mobile viewer.
Tap the menu in the upper left-hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app opens and downloads the magazine.
Once the download has completed, the issue is available to read.
Q. Are back issues available from the app?
A. While back issues cannot be downloaded from within the app, you can always access back issues on the Flipster mobile viewer and use the Open in App menu option to download them to the app one at a time.
Q. Is there a limit of how many magazines I can download to the app?
A. No, you can download as many magazines as you’d like.
Q. Do the issues I download to the app expire?
A. Some select titles will expire and will need to be deleted from your tablet. These titles display an expired icon and appear grayed out when no longer available to read. Select weekly titles may expire in 2 days while select monthly or seasonal titles may expire in 7 days.
Q. After an issue expires, can I download it again?
A. Yes, simply return to the Flipster website and re-download the magazine.
Q. How do I delete an issue?
A. Tap on the trash can icon in the lower right corner of each magazine cover to delete it.
Q. What is the % number in the lower left corner of each cover image?
A. When you first download a magazine but haven’t read any of the contents, you’ll see a NEW label in the lower left corner of each magazine cover. Once you begin reading the magazine, the NEW label is removed and replaced with a % number that tracks how much of the magazine you’ve read.