First you need to create a Shibboleth Affiliation in EBSCOadmin if you have not done so already. This will allow you to select your region/group and institution from the drop down list when obtaining the debug information below.
Note: EBSCO Supports SAML versions 1.1 and SAML 2.0.
To create a Shibboleth Affiliation in EBSCOadmin:
- In EBSCOadmin, click on the Authentication tab.
- Click on the Shibboleth/SAML sub-tab.
- Select Add Group Mapping.
- Select Group ID (in most cases this will be the Main User Group).
- Select your Region or Group from the Federation drop-down list.
- Select your Institution from the drop-down list.
- Put in the proper values for Scoped Affiliation and/or Entitlement. (Enter a false value in the affiliation field if these values aren't known yet.)
To find the Shibboleth Affiliation & Entitlement values for EBSCOadmin:
- Go to the following URL replacing "XXXXXXX" with your Customer ID number:
- From the drop-down list, select your region/group and then select your institution.
- Login with your Shibboleth user values.
- The Shibboleth Debug Info will include which values are required for that particular user's login. Use the steps 1-7 above to enter these values into EBSCOadmin.
- If the debug information returns multiple affiliations or entitlements in one line separated by a semicolon, you will need to create individual entries in EBSCOadmin (example below).
Note: If you receive "Error 103", do steps 1-5 again in the same browser window and the returned debug information will appear as expected.
Debug information example:
What you need to enter into EBSCOadmin:
Please note that you might need additional affiliations in EBSCOadmin to accommodate all of your user types. (for example: members, staff, student, faculty, employee)
UK federation members can also click HERE to troubleshoot their affiliation values
- How do I set up Shibboleth Authentication?
- What are SHIBBOLETH standard names for attributes?
- Which federations does EBSCO support for Shibboleth authentication?