Your EBSCO Discovery Service experience includes the ability to direct link to any one of hundreds of publisher partners. Some of our data partners require you to link to the content on their site, which can be done with special CustomLinks created and configured specifically for our data partners.
To link from EDS to a Partner database:
- Log in to EBSCOadmin at http://eadmin.ebscohost.com.
- Click the Site/Group Maintenance button, then click Go below CustomLinks.
- Click Add New CustomLink.
- Select Copy from existing CustomLink and click Continue.
- Select Full Text from the Category drop down list.
- Click ++show other available CustomLinks.
- Select the CustomLink you would like to add - currently all EDS CustomLinks are labeled [EDS - Partner Database Name].
- If applicable, under Local Collections for Filter, select the collections that you subscribe to.
Note: If some collections may require you to upload a list of your subscribed titles into a Local Collection. For more information about creating Local Collections, click here, or contact Customer Support.
- Complete the remaining fields that meet your library's needs and click Submit.
- Next, add the link to your profile. Click the Customize Services tab, select your profile and then click the Linking sub-tab.
- Click the Modify link to the right of CustomLinks.
- Click Add New CustomLink and mark the Select box to the left of the "EDS - Partner Database Name."
- Click Submit. Your changes are saved. Repeat steps 10-12 for any other profiles to which you want to add your CustomLink.
Note: If you would prefer to have EBSCO Discovery Solutions Technical Support set up the link for you, please email email@example.com to submit your request.