EDS customers who regularly send EBSCO their catalog records via FTP can view recent upload activity and receive emails once the files are processed.
Configured via EBSCOadmin, after the Custom Catalog is available on your account, administrators can view two weeks of activity related to recent updates and catalog rebuilds. The feature sends a notification email to the address(es) listed when the update is complete.
Notes about this feature:
- Log files will not be available unless an administrator activates at least one email address for the catalog.
- The available log files only provides information for uploads that occur after the account is configured. Logs will not reflect the production history prior to emails being configured.
- Each institution can only see catalogs associated with that customer ID.
- Only parent institutions have the ability to see all child catalogs in consortia.
- Customers with email notifications set-up prior to July 2014 can use the new service in addition to, or instead of, the previous service. By entering your email address in EBSCOadmin you will now have log history available, however the new email notification do not contain the record counts to which you may be accustomed (future enhancement). For additional information, or to discontinue the previous emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Configuring up catalog logging and notifications
- Log in to EBSCOadmin and select Site/Group Maintenance.
- Select the Catalogs Status tab.
- Click Email Configuration link.
- Add email address separated by a semicolon for each catalog or add it to one catalog and check the Apply changes made to the first catalog to all box to auto-populate the email address and subject line for all available catalogs on the account.
- The Email Subject default is set to EBSCO Catalog Build Information.
- Email Subject can be changed in the Email Subject column.
- Each Catalog supports a separate default Email subject.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
Subject: EBSCO Catalog Build Information
Files processed for: TEST CATALOG ACCOUNT
Catalog: - cat02701a
List of the input files processed:
Date Data Received: 3/17/2014 12:00:00 AM
Build Mode: Rebuild Date
catalog finished building: 6/25/2014 2:02:49 AM
Please access our support site at http://support.ebsco.com/eds if you have any questions. You may also contact us at email@example.com.
EBSCO Discovery Service Support
This is an automatic e-mail generated by EBSCO Industries, Inc. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any problems or questions, contact us at http://support.ebsco.com.
Viewing your Custom Catalog File Log
Specific information about your catalog upload is available in the file logs in EBSCOadmin. In addition to displaying your upload files for two weeks, EBSCOadmin will display up to five file logs in the Links to Logs column.
If your catalog upload experiences issues and you think there may be more files are created than are able to be displayed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Links to Log File definitions
Production Log: Number of records processed into EDS. Provides a more in-depth view of the records processed at the bottom of the file.
Filtered Record Log: Records filtered out by the NetLibrary and EBSCO eBook filter. Any additional filters requested are identified here.
Warning Log: Warning messages for records may imply that there was a small issue with a field. The field may have been removed, but the majority of that record was loaded into EDS.
Removed Record Log: Records unable to load into EDS due to issues or defects.