This page demonstrates how to create a basic search on Business Source Complete.
Creating a Basic Search
On the Basic Search Screen, enter your search terms in the Find field.
If you want to use any of the optional Limiters or Expanders, click the Search Options link.
You can use a specific search mode, such as “Find all of my search terms,” or “SmartText Searching”; apply Limiters such as Full Text or Publication type; or use search options that expand your search, such as “Apply related words.”
To close the Search Options, click the link again.
Click the Search button. The Result List displays.
Viewing Your Search Results
The Result List Screen has three columns—Refine results, All Results, and Related Information. You can hide or show the different areas by clicking the control arrows near the top of your results.
- All Results – The articles that were found display in the center of the Result List Screen.
- The article title link takes you to the citation information and/or the full text. Place your mouse over the Preview icon to view the Abstract.
- The HTML Full Text link takes you directly to the full text of the article.
- The PDF Full Text link takes you to a PDF version of the full text. The PDF will open in the Adobe® Reader®.
- Limit To – Apply limiters right from the Result List. Select any of the limiters displayed. A revised Result List displays. (You can refine your search even more by clicking the Show more link under Limit To.)
- Refine results – You can narrow by source type, subject, journal, author, and more.
- Folder – To save an article to the Folder, click the Folder icon to the right of the article title. To view the items in your Folder, click the Go to Folder View link.
- Related Information – When additional sources such as images, blogs, and Web news are available, they will be displayed.
Printing/E-mailing/Saving Search Results
- Click the Print, E-mail, or Save icon and follow the directions on screen to print, e-mail, or save your results. You can print, e-mail or save several results at the same time by saving them to the Folder, and then printing, e-mailing or saving all at once.
- Use the Cite icon to view your results in popular citation formats such as MLA and APA.
- Use the Export icon to export your results in a bibliographic manager format of your choice.
- To save your results for future use, be sure to sign in to your personal account (My EBSCOhost). Once you sign in, your results are saved to the Folder, and can be retrieved at any time.