The icon image linked below can be used to link to Patient Education Reference Center (PERC) from your desktop. Please do not attempt to open the icon file. Simply right-click to save it to your computer and follow the instructions below.
Creating the Desktop Icon:
- Right click on an empty space on the desktop of your computer.
- Highlight “New” and then click on “Shortcut.”
- Under “Type location of the item” copy and paste the URL you use to access PERC. Note: Do not copy the URL from your browser address bar.
- Click "Next" and then enter a display name for your shortcut (e.g. Patient Education Reference Center).
- Click “Finish.”
Customizing Your Desktop Icon Image:
- Save the icon file at the bottom of this page located next to Document Download by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Link As...” Save the file in a location where you can find it, such as in your “My Documents” folder.
- Right click on your new icon and select “Properties.”
- Click on “Change icon.”
- Click “Browse” and locate the appropriate icon you saved in Step 6.
- Select the file name of the icon you saved, and click “Open.”
- Make sure the icon you want is highlighted, then click “OK.”
- Click “OK” again.