Auto-Graphics VERSO cannot be enabled with OTS because we are unable to get the needed ILS Web Services API. The export described below can be used to configure your Auto-Graphics VERSO ILS with your self-checkout machine.
ILS Export for Self-Checkout Integration
A unique local collection export is required for integration with your self-checkout machine. We are working with ILS vendors to provide our mutual customers with step-by-step instructions for getting this export. Instructions, as available, can be found here.
We can also work with a manually sent full MARC export if you have trouble. If going this route, we will need to know which MARC fields contain the Item ID, Item CallNo, and BibRecordID.
In order to configure the self-checkout machine integration, please provide an export that contains:
- ISBN (in 13-digit form, if possible)
- Item ID (may also be referred to as barcode id or inventory id)
- Item CallNo (call number)
- BibRecord ID (may be referred to as control number or control identifier)
- You will want your export to be in the order above and to include a header, using the with values "isbn," "itemid," "bibrecordcallno," "bibrecordid," and "title" (do not include quotation marks). If you cannot export in the above order, the header will allow us to process the file.
- The file should be tab delimited (other characters could be in the title field and interfere with processing).
- Make sure you get a record for every ISBN in the Bib Record and all of the Item IDs that map to those ISBNs. For example, a book record with 2 distinct ISBNs for which there are 5 items (5 Item IDs), should result in 10 export records.
- ISBNs should be in 13-digit format. If this is not possible, we can handle the conversion and remove the duplicates.
- It is expected that certain fields, such as ISBN or Item ID, will be repeated in your export.
- You can omit any Item ID that does not have an ISBN associated with it.
- You may have records where Call Number is an empty field. You can leave this field empty or mark as "null."
- Only include one ISBN/Item ID per line.
- In your export, please include both MARC fields 020$a and 020$z.
- The BibRecord ID field allows patrons to place holds.
Once you have your export, send our Support Team an email at NoveListSelectSupport@ebsco.com and we will send you instructions on how to get the file to us for processing. If you have questions about this export, please contact our Support Team. If you need assistance generating your export, please contact your ILS.
Auto-Graphics VERSO customers can use VERSO SmartReports® (Report Writer) to extract the needed export file. Ensure that your library has purchased SmartReports and that you have permission to run it.
- In VERSO SmartReports®, create a new COMBINATION report.
- The Starting Search Group is Bibliographic.
- The field to search is ISBN.
- For Value select GREATER THAN and enter 0000000000 as the starting ISBN.
- Click “Select Output Fields” in the upper right corner.
- Using the selector, locate the following fields and move them to the Selected Fields column by clicking the Add button after each field is selected. The following fields should be selected and moved:
- Call Number
- From the Selected Fields list, click on a field and use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to move the fields into the order listed above and in the screenshot below.
- Click SAVE REPORT in the upper right corner.
- Name the report (for example, NoveList Export)
- You will be prompted to schedule the report. Click YES and choose a time and date to run it and click Schedule.
- The report will take several minutes to run. Click View Reports. When it is complete, the report log will look like the following example:
- Download the report.
- The report will open in Excel. Depending on the size of your collection, the file may be 15-30 meg large, and it may take several minutes to download.
- The raw file will look like the following example:
- A couple of formatting changes will need to be made to the data before it can be sent to our Support team.
- First, delete the first row (in your file this is the one that contains "Novelist Export").
- Some of the fields in Column A and Column B will contain exponents. You will need format these two columns so that the fields are set to numbers. To do this:
- Highlight Column A.
- Right click on Column A.
- Select Format Cells from the menu.
- From the Number tab, select ‘Number’ from the Category menu.
- Set Decimal Places to 0 (zero).
- Click OK.
- Follow the same steps above for Column B.
- NoveList Select will need the column headers (row 1) to use the following names: isbn, itemid, bibrecordcallno, bibrecordid, title. To make changes as follows (use lowercase):
- Change ISBN to isbn
- Change Barcode to itemid
- Change Call Number to bibrecordcallno
- Change AGCN to bibrecordid
- Change Title to title
- In Excel, select Save As from the File menu.
- From the Save As Type drop-down, select Tab Delimited (*.txt).
- Name your file and click Save.
- Once you have your export file saved, send our Support Team an email at NoveListSelectSupport@ebsco.com and we will send you instructions on how to get the file to us for processing.