This notice includes important information about the upcoming Job and Career Accelerator product upgrade, new job search provider, and direct linking instructions.
This is to remind you that all Job & Career Accelerator 4.0 customers will automatically be upgraded to the new and improved version 5.0 on Wednesday, June 29, 2016, between 8 p.m. and 3 a.m. EDT. There is nothing that needs to be changed or implemented on your part for your organization’s subscription. However, please note that Job & Career Accelerator reports will be temporarily unavailable from June 29 through July 1, 2016.
Here’s a look at the migration details:
How will migration work?
- Current version 4.0 customers will be migrated seamlessly to version 5.0 on Wednesday, June 29, between 8 p.m. and 3 a.m. EDT, and will have access to the new version on Thursday, June 30.
- One June 29, beginning at 8 p.m. EDT, Job & Career Accelerator version 4.0 will no longer be available for use.
- Users’ saved work from version 4.0 will be migrated to the version 5.0 "My Career Dashboard." This includes saved interest profile matches (occupation matches), occupation cards, resumes, letters, and job searches.
- "Create a task" functionality has been discontinued so saved 4.0 tasks will not be migrated.
- Users of both JCA 4.0 and another LearningExpress platform (LearningExpress Library, PrepSTEP) can continue to access their non-JCA saved work through "My Center."
- Job & Career Accelerator 5.0 now appears in the LearningExpress platform, with the same look and feel as LearningExpress Library, providing easier access through a Job & Career Accelerator center.
- On June 30, Job & Career Accelerator will be available for all users.
Job Search Provider
On June 23, we’ll move to Indeed.com as our new partner for job searching and the previous provider will be discontinued. This will temporarily affect job searching as follows:
- The job search function in 4.0 will be unavailable between June 23 and June 29, and will again be available on June 30.
- During the June 23–29 period, users will not see “Search Jobs” or “Saved Searches” on the Dashboard, Occupation Card, Browse/Explore Occupations, or Job and Internship Search, and therefore will not be able to access their saved job searches and links during this time. These features will be reactivated on June 30.
- Users should save their job searches and job links before June 23 to ensure they are available when job searching returns on June 30.
- It is possible that a few of the saved job links may not work with the new aggregator. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Direct Linking Instructions
The direct link to the Job & Career Accelerator Center’s homepage will change on June 30, 2016. If you have posted a direct link to Job & Career Accelerator, you must update the URL you configured. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Librarian Resources found in the grey footer on your LearningExpress Library
- Choose the LearningExpress Library button
- Choose Create Links button
- Follow directions for updating or creating custom direct links for Job & Career Accelerator
- The new Job & Career Accelerator 5.0 URL and Create Links button will be available on June 30th. Please do not update your link prior to June 30 because the link shown will be for the retired version 4.0.
We are dedicated to providing your users with the best online learning resources available and are excited to provide these new resources. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact Customer Support at email@example.com.