EBSCO LearningExpress® is pleased to announce a new user interface with new features and functions for its Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success platform. Please see release notes and FAQs after the screenshot below.
Family eLearning Resource™ will be discontinued in August 2018. EBSCO LearningExpress Library will replace the platform. All current Family eLearning Resource customers will be automatically upgraded to EBSCO LearningExpress Library. Customers may access the new resource using their existing authorization token URL. Individual user logins will also be retained. All users’ tests, tutorials and other work will be retained in their My Center. Your EBSCO LearningExpress sales representative may contact you to discuss this and other LearningExpress products that may be useful, or you may contact Customer Support if you have any questions.
GED Test Success will also receive a new landing page, features and functionality. It will become a single center in the EBSCO LearningExpress Library platform. All current GED Test Success customers will be automatically upgraded to the new platform for GED Test Success. Please contact Customer Support if you have any questions.
- Content accessible with fewer clicks
- Redesigned interface built on technically current platform
- Consistent look, feel and shared features across all LearningExpress products
- Ability to access other LearningExpress products simultaneously using the same email address
- Responsive design for easy reading* on devices of all sizes
- Improved speed and performance, even on low internet bandwidths
- Direct links to help.ebsco.com for promotional materials and support documentation
* Learn more about Accessibility and EBSCO LearningExpress.
Information for End Users
Do I need to update my bookmark or get a new login?
No. The webpage URL remains the same as does your login information (ID/Password). Your Account information has been retained, including saved tests, tutorials, eBooks and other materials such as resumes and letters.
What changes should I see?
The new homepage is noticeably sleeker and easier to navigate. The LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success platform features a more prominent search box to access the resources you want: practice tests, tutorials and eBooks within the resource page.
Get Started pages placed within each topic are more relevant where they are most needed; they are no longer in the top main page navigation.
New on the Resources page are active filters for practice tests, tutorials, eBooks and more.
Can I still find tests, tutorials and eBooks?
Yes. You can now access these directly from the home page. We've reduced the number of page clicks by 50 percent, making it easier and faster to get to the subject matter you need: tests, tutorials, eBooks and other materials. Click on the desired category and sub-category to see the available topics and resources.
Information for Subscribing Institutions
Which LearningExpress products have changed?
The new user homepage, features and functionality have changed in LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success. This follows previous changes made in February to LearningExpress Library™, PrepSTEP™ for High Schools, PrepSTEP™ for Community Colleges, PrepSTEP™ for Colleges and Universities, LearningExpress Job & Career Accelerator™ and Computer Skills.
What exactly is different?
The new LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success platform has a new look to the home page, and it provides users with easier access to all categories of content.
Changes in look and function:
- New prominent search box
- Clean and simple new design to the homepage
- Improved navigation on home, category and sub-category pages
- Improved access to resources (tests, tutorials, eBooks) and Get Started pages
- New look and improved functionality for resume and letter builders and job search tools
The new interface allows users to:
- Access content with fewer clicks
- Navigate to all product resources from the home page
- Read content more easily on devices of all sizes with a responsive UI design
- Take advantage of improved speed and performance, even on low internet bandwidths
- Find and select resources using a more prominent search box with new functionality
Additional new content:
- Interactive job application tutorial
- Fifteen additional resumes for first time jobseekers
I'm a LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success customer. Do I need to take any action for this to work?
No additional action is required. We do recommend, however, that you inform your users that the LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success platform has been enhanced with an improved search box that leads to the practice tests, tutorials and eBooks they need, in fewer clicks.
We have made these changes to ensure the best experience for your users. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support.
What if my institution is using direct links? Do I need to update them?
No action is needed by subscribing institutions. Your homepage URL to LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success remains the same as do all direct links currently in place. No need to change anything; all your direct links should still work.
Will training be required?
The new platform is very intuitive, and it is unlikely that your institution administrators or users will require training to access and use the LearningExpress Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success platform. However, if you should desire training, you can register here for a live training or watch a pre-recorded session. We're here to help!