The icon image located at the bottom of this page next to Download can be used to link to Nursing Reference Center Plus (NRC Plus) from your desktop. Please do not attempt to open the icon file. Simply save it to your computer and follow the instructions below.
Creating the Desktop Icon:
- Right click on an empty space on the desktop of your computer.
- Highlight “New” and then click on “Shortcut.”
- Under “Type location of the item” copy and paste the URL you use to access NRC Plus. Note: Do not copy the URL from your browser address bar.
- Click "Next" and then enter a display name for your shortcut (i.e. Nursing Reference Center Plus).
- Click “Finish.”
Customizing Your Desktop Icon Image:
- Save the icon file at the bottom of this page located next to Document Download by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Link As...” Save the file in a location where you can find it, such as in your “My Documents” folder.
- Right click on your new icon and select “Properties”
- Click on “Change icon.”
- Click “Browse” and locate the appropriate icon you saved in Step 6.
- Select the file name of the icon you saved, and click “Open.”
- Make sure the icon you want is highlighted, then click “OK.”
- Click “OK” again.