The Home Page is a starting point for using Home Improvement Reference Center. From the Home Page you can perform a keyword search, browse home improvement Project Topics, and view information about useful home improvement reference guides and charts.
Also located on the Home Page is a Spotlight Area for a project of interest. The Project Spotlight topic is rotated on a regular basis.
To conduct a Basic Search from the Home Page:
- Enter your search terms in the search box and click Search.
A Result List is displayed.
- Click on the title to view the article details screen, or click the full-text link to view the complete article. Click the folder icon to save the article to your personal folder.
- The search box is displayed above the result list. Your search terms, limiters, and expanders are retained until you click New Search or the product logo.
- To revise your search, you can apply the limiters under Refine Results. Click the Show More link to view all available limiters and expanders.
- If you click the Home Improvement Reference Center logo, you are returned to the Home Page with your search terms cleared and search parameters reset.
- If you perform a keyword search while viewing a Home Improvement Reference Center Project Category, Home Improvement Reference Center searches the entire database — your results are not limited to the Project Category selected.
- If you click the Advanced Search link, you are taken to the Advanced Search Screen with your search terms carried forward.