The Home Page is a starting point for using Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center. From the Home Page you can perform a keyword search, conduct a visual search, browse by category, or browse by popular sources.
Also located on the Home Page is a Crafts Spotlight box featuring a project of interest. The MakerSpace Spotlight project is rotated on a regular basis. Below the MakerSpace Spotlight box is a Featured Video, which offers a video tutorial demonstration of a hobby or craft activity. The Featured Video is also rotated on a regular basis.
To conduct a Basic Search from the Home Page:
- From the Home Page, enter your search terms in the search box and click Search.
A Result List of articles that match your search is displayed.
- Click on the title to view the article details screen, or click the full-text link to view the complete article. Hover your cursor over the preview icon to view article details, or click the folder icon to save the article to your personal folder.
- The search field is displayed above the result list. Your search terms, limiters, and expanders are retained unless you click New Search or the product logo.
- To revise your search, you can apply the limiters under Refine Results. Click the Show More link to view all available limiters and expanders.
- If you click the Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center logo, you are returned to the Home Page with your search terms cleared and search parameters reset.
- If you perform a keyword search while viewing a Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center Project Category, Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center searches the entire database—your results are not limited to the Project Category selected.
- If you click the Advanced Search link, you are taken to the Advanced Search Screen with your search terms carried forward.