Welcome to Flipster
Flipster makes your library's most popular and sought-after magazines available digitally for your patrons, via your library's website. We have put together the following welcome pack for you to learn how Flipster works, and how best to spread the word to your patrons.
Print-on-Demand & Web Marketing Materials
Colorful and engaging materials can help you spread the word about Flipster to your library staff and patrons. Download the PDF and open in Adobe Acrobat Pro to customize. Then print and hang the posters around your institution or library for maximum impact.
Access Cards, Tent Cards & Rack Cards
Print and place these cards at the reference desk, on shelves, racks, or tables, or at computer workstations around the library.
- Access Card - Desktops
- Access Card - Mobile
- Access Card Instructions
- Tent Card
- Customizable Tent Card
- Rack Cards
Guides & Handouts
- Getting Started Guide for patrons
- Frequently Asked Questions document that you can include on your website or print and distribute at your library.
- System Requirements Sheet that you can include on your website or print and distribute at your library.
- Flipster App Information Sheet for iOS devices
- Flipster App Information Sheet for Android devices
- Flipster Mobile App APK file for Android devices
Print & Web Graphics
Use these colorful ads, icons, and logos on your website to promote Flipster and link users to the service.
Post this video on your website or send the link to customers in an email campaign or newsletter: http://vimeo.com/86942429
Sample Press Release Copy
Announce the availability of Flipster to your customers with this sample text.
Social Media Posts
Use the following text to announce Flipster on your institution's social media channels.
- Did you know that you can read digital magazines through [INSERT LIBRARY NAME] using #Flipster? [link to library website]
- Get instant access to the most popular magazines through [INSERT LIBRARY NAME] with #Flipster. Learn how: [link to library website]
- The magazines you know and love are now available to browse, select & read through [INSERT LIBRARY NAME] with #Flipster [link to library website]
- Now available at [INSERT LIBRARY NAME]! #Flipster offers top magazines designed for easy readability on mobile devices. [link to library website]
- Flipping through a digital magazine is fun and easy using #Flipster! [link to library website]
Top 5 Tips for a Successful Launch
- Include an announcement about Flipster in your next library newsletter, and link to Flipster on your social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to help spread the word.
- Have your library staff review the videos and training materials below so that they are equipped to answer customer questions.
- Print and have on hand the Getting Started Guide, FAQs, and Systems Requirements documents at the front desk.
- Hang Flipster posters in the library by the print magazines and by the computers.
- Create a dedicated landing page for Flipster on your library's website.
What resources are available for you to learn more?
Video and PowerPoint Tutorials
Need help preparing for an upcoming training session for your administrators, library staff, students, or patrons on Flipster? Our video tutorials provide audio narration with matching text to guide users on how to use Flipster. Our accompanying PowerPoint versions offer the same helpful information in slides.