Explora is available in several versions:
- Secondary Schools (interface for middle schools and high schools)
- Primary Schools
- Public Libraries
- Canadian Primary Schools
- Canadian Secondary Schools & Public Libraries (interface is also for middle schools and high schools)
- Australia/New Zealand Primary Schools
- Australia/New Zealand Secondary Schools & Public Libraries (interface is also for middle schools and high schools)
- Educator's Edition (available with all versions when educator databases, such as ERIC and Professional Development Collection, are enabled on the profile)
How you set up Explora depends on who your users will be. For example, if you are a middle school in the U.S., you would create a profile based on the Secondary Schools profile in EBSCOadmin. Then you would enable only the databases you wish your middle school students to search. EBSCO does not recommend enabling high school databases on Explora elementary or middle school profiles because some of the content may not be appropriate for younger grade levels.
See our Explora Setup Best Practices Guide for more information on how you can customize Explora profiles to meet the needs of specific users.