Getting Started with EBSCO Journal Service (EJS)
You're about to discover that EJS is much more than just an e-journals gateway; it is a great tool to help you and your users access and manage your e-journals.
EJS has both an Administrator site and a Reader site. With the Administrator site you can track the registration of your e-journals; get details about the journals you subscribe to including registration status and publisher-site access information; set up alerts; and more. The Reader site provides a powerful gateway that can serve as a single e-journals access point for your end users.
For EJS Basic Customers
Through EJS Basic, your users can access your journals quickly and efficiently. A few things to remember:
- Ensure that all of your titles are registered with their respective publishers to guarantee access. If you need help with this, contact your EBSCO representative. We are happy to assist with information and expertise.
- You can download EJS's durable URLs to load into your catalog or e-resource access system to drastically reduce journal URL maintenance. Because EJS's durable URLs never change, your patrons will always follow valid links.
- Need more help exploring your Administrator site? No need to scroll through a Help list to find what you're looking for. On any page within the Admin site, click Need Help? to find specific help for that page's features.
For EJS Enhanced Customers
EJS Enhanced is a key tool for simplifying your electronic journal management—track your registration, know when new titles are added, and more.
- First ensure that all your titles are registered by using Registration Tracker to guide you through the process. Registration Tracker makes it remarkably easy, revealing a list of the e-journals you have subscribed to through EBSCO that are also available on EJS. You can sort your titles so that all the unregistered ones appear first. You can add notes to each title, or have EJS send you follow-up "reminder" e-mails on dates you specify.
- Brand the EJS Reader site to match the look of your own library's site.
- Add CustomLinks to integrate your link resolver or library catalog.
- Generate detailed Usage Reports to see how your e-journal collection is being used.
- Access the E-Journals Database, allowing your users to search for e-journals using the powerful EBSCOhost searching interface.
- These are only a few of the features available. Need more help exploring your Administrator site? No need to scroll through a Help list to find what you're looking for. On any page within the Admin site, click Need Help? to find specific help for that page's features.