The Encyclopedia of Animals is a publication from Great Neck Publishing that contains more than 2,000 animal profiles. These profiles include information on characteristics, habitat, and behavior. All profiles provide the scientific naming convention of the animal, detailed indexing, Lexile values, and related images.
The Encyclopedia of Animals can be found in the following EBSCO products: Science Reference Center, Middle Search, and Primary Search. It is also available via the EBSCOhost, Searchasaurus, or Kids Search interfaces.
- The best way to find records contained in the Encyclopedia of Animals is to type the following in the search screen Find field: JN Encyclopedia of Animals AND (tiger)
- The Encyclopedia of Animals contains multiple subject terms and an abstract making the content easier to find in the student’s keyword search.
- Each article now has a Lexile Reading level.
- Articles contain a scientific naming convention for each animal.
- Articles may contain images or a ‘Related Item’ feature with additional images and maps available.