How do I search in PsycINFO for articles that contain appended psychological tests?
To locate articles that contain appended tests, add TM Appended to your search terms.
To limit to a particular published test (as mentioned in the “Tests and Measures” field), perform your search in the following way: TM Appended and TM “published test name”
For example, enter: TM Appended and TM Apperceptive Personality Test
This retrieves results for Apperceptive Personality Test(s) and limits to those that are appended.
“Appended” typically means one of three things:
- The full instrument is included as an appendix to the article.
- The items from the instrument are reproduced in a figure or table.
- The items from the test are described in the methods section.
In PsycINFO, how do the All Journals/Peer Reviewed Journal/Peer Reviewed Status Unknown publication limiters differ?
Searches in PsycINFO can target specific journal sources by using the following publication limiters:
- All Journals - All journals in PsycINFO.
- Peer Reviewed Journal - All Peer Reviewed Journals.
- Peer Reviewed Status Unknown - Journals whose peer reviewed status is not known.
DOI Linking from PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA to PsycTESTS
When searching PsycINFO and PsycEXTRA in EBSCOhost, linking is available via DOIs in the Tests & Measures field of records.
Search TM Beck Depression Inventory in either PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA.
Note: TM is the Searchable field code for Tests & Measures.
- Click on any record in Result List, and scroll down to the Tests & Measures field of the detailed record.
Active DOI links for tests available in PsycTESTS appear.
Note: the PsycTESTS database must be added to the profile in order to see active DOI links.
Click on a DOI link to open the related test in PsycTESTS in the same browser window/tab.
The search/session within PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA database is maintained.
The PsycTESTS record is displayed with ‘PsycTESTS’ in the Database field, but you are still in the initiating database: PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA.
Click New Search to return to the search screen in the initiating database: PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA.