Before resetting an administrator password, make sure that there is a valid e-mail address for each EBSCOadmin administrator for your site.
To confirm there is a valid email address configured for an EBSCOadmin administrator:
Log in to EBSCOadmin at http://eadmin.ebscohost.com.
Click the EBSCOadmin Security link at the top of the screen.
Review the e-mail addresses configured for each administrator.
Click the Display Name for any administrator that requires a modification to the configured e-mail address.
Enter a valid address in the Email Address text box and click Submit to save the new e-mail address.
To reset an EBSCOadmin password:
On the EBSCOadmin Security screen, Click the Reset button in the Reset Password column for each administrator for whom you'd like to reset the password.
After clicking the link, each administrator receives an email with a link directing them to the reset password screen.
Guidelines on password security:
- Select a password that you can remember.
- Passwords should be at least six characters in length; longer passwords provide users with more security.
- Passwords should include a combination of upper and lower case letters, and numbers.
- Never give anyone else your password.
- Do not create a file with all of your password values.
- When resetting a lost password, you must create a new Secret Question and Answer combination before clicking Continue.
How do I reset an expired or forgotten EBSCOadmin password?
How do I change my EBSCOadmin password?