EBSCO can link to the content of your e-journals through CrossRef, which provides linking to publishers' articles using DOI (Digital Object Identifier) technology. CrossRef currently provides access for over 4,242 publishers.
To take advantage of free CrossRef linking:
- The publisher must be a CrossRef participant (www.crossref.org).
- You must have a current subscription with the publisher.
- You will also need authentication set up with the publisher.
A collection of all your CrossRef e-journals needs to be uploaded in EBSCOadmin.
- The collection should include all the e-journals that you access directly from the publishers' web sites.
- We recommend creating the file in Excel format with columns for the ISSN, Title, From Date, and To Date. The Excel file will then need to be converted to tab-delimited format prior to upload.
- Please note that the date needs to be formatted as YYYYMMDD (Jan 01, 2002 would be 20020101 and Dec 31, 2004 would be 20041231).
- We can upload the file for you or if you are interested in uploading your own file, see this FAQ.
- Once your collection is uploaded, you will need to enable CrossRef in EBSCOadmin.
To enable CrossRef in EBSCOadmin:
Log into EBSCOadmin at http://eadmin.ebscohost.com.
Click the Customize Services tab.
Under the Linking sub-tab, select ON for "SmartLinks uses CrossRef".
Using the drop down list for CrossRef Collection Name select your new CrossRef collection.
Within 24 hours of setting up CrossRef, SmartLinks will appear for EBSCOhost articles when the full text is available from the publisher's site and the title is part of your collection. These links will say "Linked Full Text".