EBSCOadmin, the administrative interface for EBSCOhost, offers the following COUNTER-compliant reports. (Please see the COUNTER website for EBSCO's COUNTER-compliant status.)
- Book Report 1 (R4): Number of Successful Title Requests by Month and Title
- Book Report 2 (R4): Number of Successful Section Requests by Month and Title
- Book Report 3 (R4): Access Denied to Content Items by Month, Title and Category
- Database Report 1 (R4): Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Database
- Database Report 2 (R4): Access Denied by Month, Database and Category
- Journal Report 1 (R4): Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 5 (R4): Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Year-of-Publication and Journal
- Platform Report 1 (R4): Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform
For definitions of terms, please refer to the Project COUNTER website.
For more information about COUNTER Reports, see: COUNTER Reports - Frequently Asked Questions
To access COUNTER reports for your institution:
Click Reports & Statistics in the tool bar at the top of the screen.
Click COUNTER R4 Reports under EBSCOhost/EDS.
Report Type: From the drop-down list, select which report you want to run.
Site: Select to run the report for all sites or an individual site. (Consortia customers only.)
Reporting Period: Select the month and year for which you want to run the report. (Reporting period can be from 1-12 months; up to three years of details are available.)
Click Create Report for Download. Your report is created and made available on the Download Reports tab.
Click the Download Reports tab and then click the Export link for your report.
A dialog box appears. You can save the report to your hard drive as an .xlsx file, or select to open it with Excel.
Note: Users cannot currently email or schedule COUNTER R4 reports.
EBSCO provides the following COUNTER R4 Reports via SUSHI only:
- Consortium Report 1
- Consortium Report 2
If you would like to automate the running of COUNTER Reports using SUSHI, please see: SUSHI Web Service.