When you create a new My EBSCOhost folder account, update the password for your existing My EBSCOhost or EBSCOadmin account, or sign up for remote access to DynaMed Plus, you are required to create a strong password. Because EBSCO and our customers value privacy and security, we require strong passwords. Our system determines password strength based on a variety of criteria, using an algorithm to determine the strength of the password entered. Key attributes that our algorithm considers include:
- Length of the password
- Types of characters entered (i.e. case, numerals, punctuation)
- Word-like patterns embedded in the password
Due to the complexity and number of possibilities, we are unable to provide specific requirements for a strong password. However, as you begin to enter a value into the password field, the strength indicator will reflect how strong your password is using both color and strength value (red=weak vs. green=strong).
When your password meets the requirements, the indicator displays that your password is strong and you can retype the password in the next field to confirm it.
- What is Personal User Authentication?
- How do I authorize/reauthorize my personal user login values?
- How do I change my EBSCOadmin password?