When you create a new My EBSCOhost folder account, update the password for your existing My EBSCOhost or EBSCOadmin account, or sign up for remote access to DynaMed Plus, you are required to create a strong password. In addition, administrators that manage User ID/Password Authentication for their patrons using EBSCOadmin must create strong passwords when updating those accounts or creating new ID and password combinations.
Because EBSCO and our customers value privacy and security, we require strong passwords. Our system determines password strength based on a variety of criteria, using an algorithm to determine the strength of the password entered. Key attributes that our algorithm requires include:
- Include at least one number
- Include at least one special character (!, @, #, etc. A space is not a valid special character.)
- Password must be at least 6 characters
- Password cannot include your user ID
- Password cannot include the following words or parts of words: ebsco, ehost, password, pa$$word, dynamed, admin, p@ss, p@$$, pa$$
As you begin to enter a value into the password field, the strength indicator reflects how strong your password is using both color and strength value (red=weak vs. green=strong).
When your password meets the requirements, the indicator displays that your password is strong and you can retype the password in the next field to confirm it.
- What is Personal User Authentication?
- How do I authorize/reauthorize my personal user login values?
- How do I change my EBSCOadmin password?
- Signing up for a Personal Account to access DynaMed Plus
- How do I set up User ID/Password Authentication?