Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) imposes restrictions on how websites collect information from children 13 and under. The key goals of COPPA are to place parents in control over what information is collected from their children online and to protect children while recognizing the dynamic nature of the Internet. Students using EBSCO school databases/interfaces are not asked for their last names or email addresses when they create personal accounts.
The following EBSCO products are COPPA compliant:
- Biography Reference Center
- Consumer Health Complete
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
- History Reference Center
- Legal Information Reference Center
- Literary Reference Center
- Literary Reference Center Plus
- Points of View Reference Center
- Poetry & Short Story Reference Center
- Read It!
- Small Business Reference Center
- Science Reference Center
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center