EBSCO medical products including DynaMed, DynaMed Plus, Nursing Reference Center (NRC), NRC Plus, and Patient Education Reference Center (PERC) can be accessed via most EMR / EHR systems including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Content can be accessed in a variety of ways, and options will vary according to the system being used. Some options may require configuration by the institution’s EMR system administrator or IT department.
To set up your EMR with an HL7 Infobutton, please see the following:
The base URL is: http://medical.ebscohost.com/HL7Tran...HL7/hl7request
HL7 infobutton users must use IP authentication.
HL7 Parameters we support:
- mainSearchCriteria.v.ot = Search Term
- mainSearchCriteria.v.cs = Code System: ICD9, ICD10, SNOMED
- age.v.v = Age Value
- age.v.u = Age Units (years/months)
- patientPerson.administrativeGenderCode.c = Gender
Additional EBSCO Parameters that are required:
- mode = what search service to use; eit or prod
- db = database; dme, dmp, perc, nrc
Specifications are available at: