CINAHL Search: Clinical Case Scenarios
#2 - work related stress
A nurse manager is worried about her staff. She wants to know if the hours that they are working affect their physical and / or mental health.
Find evidence that working shifts can be detrimental to the health of nursing staff.
- Nurses as a CINAHL Heading. Select Explode and Major
- Shiftwork as a CINAHL Heading
- Occupational stress as a CINAHL Heading. Select Explode
- Use AND to combine the three terms
You may wish to fine tune your search to the following:
- Select Revise your search. From limit your results tick the Peer Reviewed box
Have a look through the results list.
If you have a subscription to CINAHL with Full Text you might find the following article useful:
Winwood PC; Winefield AH; Lushington K 2006 Work-related fatigue and recovery: the contribution of age, domestic responsibilities and shiftwork. Journal of Advanced Nursing, Nov; 56 (4): 438-49