With your full data received and evaluated, we now design, implement, and test your solution. Your specific configuration will vary based on the services you’ve selected. Configuration and customization happen in parallel, so while we are setting up your EBSCO Discovery Service solution, we are creating your customized profile – including items such as Branding, Profile Settings, and Search Boxes.
- Create an EDS Search Box for your library home page using the EBSCO Search Box Builder. You can also contact Technical Support for assistance.
- Supplement your EDS content by embedding Widgets on search results or detailed record screens. (To request an EDS Wiki account, click here.)
- Set up access options for your patrons, such as Guest Access and Proxy Authentication.
- Consider your product customization options (see links below) and discuss with your Project Coordinator:
- CustomLinks Best Practices Guide
- Ranking CustomLinks in EDS
- EDS Branding Best Practices Guide (featuring Use Cases)
- EDS Customization Best Practices Guide (featuring Use Cases)
- EDS/EBSCOadmin Customization Guide for EBSCO Discovery Service
- Customizing Interface Colors in EBSCOadmin Help Sheet
- Configuring Discipline-Limited Search in EDS Help Sheet
- Holdings Management EBSCOadmin User Guide - Full Text Finder Administration
- Read how to make your library's subscription content more discoverable in EDS.